Areas in which our BCBA-D Consultant Associates Areas provide services:
The current trend shows that many pupils with special educational needs (SEN) are being supported to receive their education in the mainstream school settings. It can be be regarded that the ambition of SEN and Disability Division is that every child with SEN reaches their full potential in which ever learning environment they may be. Thus, our primary goal is to set up a comprehensive ABA programme specifically tailored to match the needs of your child with autism spectrum disorder, focused on Verbal Behaviour. Typically, such a programme may also include:
- Thorough assessment of the child’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Individualised and on-going tutors training to address the specific needs of each child on the autism spectrum.
- Teachers and parents training in ABA approaches, techniques and principles as appropriate.
- On-going supervision and programme evaluation for parents and other professionals.
- Assistance for setting up IEP targets.
Development of district-wide PBS (positive behaviour support) plans. These emphasise upon prevention of problematic behaviours and teaching pupils alternative appropriate behaviours. Typically, such an approach necessitates the implementation of Functional Behaviour Assessment (FBA) and specific behaviour intervention plans.
Provision of ongoing training for continuing professional development (CPD) purposes for both general education and special education staff. Such training may involve in-service sessions regarding collaborative consultation, data collection, intervention strategies etc.