Dr. Christos Nikopoulos BCBA-D, MBPsS, CSci, FHEA, Founder and Director of ACS
Autism Consultancy Services Ltd is directed by Dr Christos Nikopoulos who is a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst® at a Doctoral Level (BCBA-D).
His achievements within the science of behaviour analysis as a clinician, a university lecturer, an educator, a consultant, a researcher, and an author in the areas of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), intellectual and other developmental disabilities as well as neurological and behavioural interventions in special education for more than 20 years can be outlined as below:
- Elected Applied Research Representative of the European Association for Behaviour Analysis.(EABA®)
European Association for Behaviour Analysis
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and Chartered Scientist from the Science Council, UK.
- Former International Representative of the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB®)
- University Lecturer at both undergraduate and postgraduate (i.e., MSc and PhD) levels for more than 10 years at a Research-Incentive University in London, UK.
- External Examiner for MSc Autism and related conditions at Swansea University since 2013.
- Expert reviewer for a number of peer-reviewed journal (e.g., Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, The Analysis of Verbal Behavior Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, Review Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders etc.) as well as for governmental agencies (e.g., NIHR, ESRC, EPSRC, HSC R&D, & HEA).
- Co-author of a book, book chapters, bookelts as well as of a number of articles published in peer-reviewed International journals.
- Representative ABA consultant for several families at tribunals.
- Leader of the Monorodi/Athens BACB® Approved Course Sequence since February 2016 (2 cohorts).
- European leader of the Clemson University (USA) /Romanian BACB® Approved Course Sequence since February 2016.
- Leader of University of Zagreb BACB® Approved Course Sequence since February 2017.
- Faculty Member of the AF-LPA BCBA/BCaBA 4th Edition Course Sequence, Paris (2015-2016).
- Supervisor of a few BCaBAs and of a substantial number of students who pursue their BCBA or BCaBA accreditation.
- Keynote speaker and presenter at various conferences; (more than 60 presentations at International Conferences worldwide).
- Behavioural Consultant for a vast number of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Learning and other developmental difficulties as well as a range of Mental Health conditions.
- Behavioural Consultant for the design, implementation and on-going evaluation of home and school-based programmes in the United Kingdom, Russia, Cyprus, Greece, Romania, Saudi Arabia, India and elsewhere, including provision of specialised training to parents, tutors, teachers or other therapists.
- TRICARE Provider for children with ASD, ages 2-6 years old.